Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Special Sauce

This sauce is perfect for any pasta dish. It has the perfect amount of seasoning and herbs, and the tsp of spicy mustard gives it a little kick that goes a long way in taste.

Ingredients:
              1 tbs olive oil
              1 tsp garlic pieces
              1 large chunk + 2 tbs onion cut into julienne
              3 tbs pepper minced
              2 small carrots cut into small circles
              1/4 tsp seasoning pepper
              2/3 cup tomato sauce
              1/4 cup + 3 tbs chicken stock
              1/2 tsp oregano
              2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
              7-8 flakes crushed red pepper
              1 tsp spicy mustard
              Pinch of salt

Saute in 1 tbs olive oil
                  1 tsp garlic pieces
                  1 large chunk + 2 tbs onion cut into julienne
                  3 tbs pepper minced
                  2 small carrots cut into small circles
                  1/4 tsp seasoning pepper
Saute until onions and peppers are soft. About 3 minutes

Add into the saute pan
                  2/3 cup tomato sauce
                  1/4 cup + 3 tbs chicken stock
                  1/2 tsp oregano
                  2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
                  7-8 flakes crushed red pepper
                  1 tsp spicy mustard
                  Pinch of salt

Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until it boils, then turn to simmer

picture from whatscookingamerica.net

No comments:

Post a Comment