Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Apple Tart

Like an apple pie but different in its own way, this delicious apple dish makes any with a craving for apples beg for more. It has a great combination of apples and sweetness.

Bake 425 for 20-25 minutes

Ingredients:
              1/3 cup butter
              1 1/4 cup flour
              1/4 cup + 1 tbs sugar
              1/4 cup water
              2-3 apples cut into thin slices
              1 tsp cinnamon
              1 tbs brown sugar
              1/3 cup flour
              3 tbs butter

Crust:
        Mix together in a large bowl using pastry blender
              1/3 cup butter
              1 1/4 cup flour
              1 tbs sugar

The butter should look like tiny pebbles

Add 1 tbs water at a time to the butter/flour mixture and stir until dough becomes soft

Roll dough on a floured counter into circle and place on pizza pan

Filling:
       Place apple slices into small bowl

       Add sugar to taste
              1-2 tbs more if not sweet enough
              1 tsp cinnamon

       Lay apples on top of dough spreading evenly

Topping:
      Mix together in a bowl with pastry blender until topping looks like cookie dough
             1/4 cup sugar
             1 tbs brown sugar
             1/3 cup flour
             3 tbs butter

Break topping into pieces and place evenly over apples
       
Wrap excess dough up onto the top of the apples

 Bake 425 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown

picture from foodnetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment