Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lollipops

These lollipops are a great treat. They have a christmas essence with peppermint and clove being used to blend the flavors. Don't let the ingredients mess with your perspective, they taste amazing.

Ingredients:
              1 cup sugar
              1/3 cup corn syrup
              1/2 cup water
              1/4 tsp cream of tartar
              4 drops clove oil
              2 drops of peppermint extract
              2 drops purple food coloring

1. In your pan, over medium heat, stir together the sugar, corn syrup, water, an cream of tartar with a wooden spoon until the sugar crystals dissolve

2. Continue to stir, using a pastry brush dampened with warm water to dissolve any sugar crystals clinging to the sides of the pan, then stop stirring as soon as the syrup starts to boil

3. Let the syrup boil without stirring. 

4. Test the syrup by placing a little bit in a glass measuring cup filled with cold water. Pick up the cooled syrup strings and see if you can snap strands in half

5. Prepare an upside down cookie sheet by covering it with parchment paper and spraying with oil

6. Remove the pan from the heat immediately and let the syrup cool for  a moment before adding flavor, and color

7. Working quickly, pour small circles onto the prepared cookie sheet and place a lollipop stick in each one, twisting the stick to be sure it's covered with candy

picture from queenvannacreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment