Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Prize Winning Pretzels

These pretzels are a good salty snack when you want to divert from chips. The ingredients are different then most for a pretzel, but they tie together beautifully to ensure a delicious tasting snack.

Bake 400 for 12-15 minutes

Ingredients:
         
             1 pkg. yeast
             2/3 cup very warm water
             3 tbs sugar
             1 tbs olive oil
             1 tsp pesto
             1/4 tsp basil
             1/2 tsp onion pieces
             1/2 tsp sweet&spicy mustard
             1 tsp salt
             2 cups flour

Directions:
             Dissolve in a large bowl, stirring with a spoon
                       1 pkg. yeast
                       2/3 cup very warm water
                       3 tbs sugar
                       1 tbs olive oil

             Add to the mixture
                        1 tsp salt
                        1 tsp pesto
                        1/4 tsp basil
                        1/2 tsp onion pieces
                        1/2 tsp sweet&spicy mustard
                        2 cups flour

             Knead dough on a sprinkling of flour on the counter for 5 minutes        

             Divide dough into 3-4 pieces

             Roll dough into a long rope about 24 inches long

             Shape dough into a happy face and cross over to make a pretzel shape

             Place dough on a greased cookie sheet

Topping:
          Beat 1 egg and 1 tbs water until frothy and foamy

          Brush entire pretzel top with egg mixture and sprinkle with favorite topping

picture from nrashow.typepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment