Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Zucchini Fritters

If potato pancakes are not your thing, then try this alternative. Made in the same sense by shallow frying, the only difference is they are made with zucchini. A very delicious snack to enjoy.

Ingredients:
               Oil for frying
               3 pounds zucchini
               1/2 tablespoon salt
               5 ounces flour
               1/4 teaspoon baking powder
               2 eggs, beaten
               3 ounces milk
               2 ounces onion diced
               salt to taste
               pepper to taste


  1. Gather all the ingredients and equipment.

  2. Preheat fryolator to 350°F (177°C).

  3. Wash, trim, and grate the zucchini. Do not peel. Sprinkle with salt.

  4. Drain in a colander for 30 minutes.

  5. Squeeze the zucchini, a handful at a time, to remove as much moisture as possible.

  6. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.

  7. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and onion.

  8. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and whip until smooth.

  9. Add the grated zucchini. Stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.

  10. Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown on all sides. Test one fritter first to check seasoning, and season as needed before cooking the remaining fritters.

  11. Drain on absorbent towels, and then transfer to a hotel pan lined with absorbent towels. Hold briefly at 136°F (58°C) or higher if necessary. To retain crispness, do not stack fritters on top of each other.

  12. Serve hot with Cucumber Raita.

No comments:

Post a Comment