Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cucumber Raita

A delicious recipe, that can be used as a salad dressing, or as a sauce to garnish the zucchini fritters or anything else you want. Very creamy and delicious taste.

Ingredients:
               1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
               1 cup plain yogurt
               1/4 teaspoon sea salt
               1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, or ground cumin
               1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
               3 tablespoons chopped fresh chopped cilantro

1. Gather all ingredients and equipment

2. Finely grate the cucumber

3. Transfer cucumber to a bowl and mix in yogurt, salt, cumin, garlic paste and half of the cilantro

4. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro leaves

5. Serve chilled

Chef’s Note:
This is the closest condiment to a salad dressing in Indian cuisine. They are always yogurt-based and each region has its own version. It is versatile and other ingredients may be added such as potatoes, onions, tomatoes, mint or mustard seeds. This is a good accompaniment for spicy dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment