Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thai Style Pork Tenderloin

This dish has a strong flavor that will send your taste buds flying. The thai style flavor profile is a different approach for the tenderloins but make it all so delicious.

Ingredients:
               3 pounds pork tenderloins
               3 ounces honey
               1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
               2 ounces oils
Marinade Ingredients:
                8 ounces soy sauce
                4 ounces honey
                2 ounces brown sugar
                2 teaspoons ground coriander
                5 cloves garlic minced
                1 teaspoon cumin
                1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
                1 teaspoon ground black pepper
                2 ounces frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)


1. Gather all the ingredients and equipment

2.  Preheat oven to 375

3. Combine all ingredients for the marinade. Place the tenderloins in the marinade; cover and chill at 40 degrees or lower for 1 hour

4. Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry with a towel

5. Strain the marinade into a saucepan and reduce by half. Add the honey and coriander to the reduction. Cover and keep warm

6. Heat oil in saute pan and sear the tenderloin on all sides; remove. Place the meat on a sheet pan, baste with marinade, and place in oven. Cook until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Hold at 136 F or higher for no more than 10 minutes

7. Slice the pork tenderloins at an angle and place four or five pieces on a preheated dinner plate. Drizzle the marinade reduction over the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment