Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sautéed Fish Fillets with Lemon Butter

If your  fish lover, this dish is easy delicious. It cooks the fish to perfection and the lemon butter sauce is  a perfect addition to give the fish a great taste.

Ingredients:
               10 (6 oz) fish fillets (sole, salmon, catfish, trout flounder)
               5 ounces lemon juice
               Salt to taste
               Pepper to taste
               Clarified butter as needed
               7 ounces sifted flour
               12 ounces whole butter, softened
               1 1/2 ounces parsley, stemmed, washed, squeezed dry, chopped

1. Gather all the ingredients and equipment.
    
2.  Lay fish in a single layer in a hotel panpage1image12816
3. About 10 minutes before cooking, sprinkle the fish lightly with 2 ounces (60 milliliters) of the lemon juice (save the rest for the sauce). Turn each fillet over to coat both sides with the lemon juice, and then season with salt and pepper. 

4. Heat a thin layer of the clarified or fortified butter in a sauté pan.
        
5. Dredge the fish in flour, shaking off excess.
       
6. Lay the fish, presentation side down, into the hot fat, and sauté until brown. Carefully turn the fillets without breaking, and cook the second side until brown. The fish is done when it flakes easily under gentle pressure and the internal temperature is 145°F (63°C).
        
7. Carefully remove the fish with a slotted spatula, and hold at 136°F (58°C) until service.
8. To make the sauce, discard the cooking fat, and deglaze the pan with the rest of the lemon juice (3 ounces or 90 milliliters). Add the whole butter, and swirl pan to melt and emulsify the sauce. Remove pan from heat, add the parsley, and season with salt and pepper.   

9. To serve, place one fillet of fish onto a preheated dinner plate, and nappé with the lemon butter sauce. Serve immediately.

Chef’s Note:
Fish loses quality rapidly in a holding process. Try to cook the fish as close to service as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment