Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Sauce Chasseur

This sauce is a very heavy sauce that works well with meat dishes and has a great assortment of spices and herbs to give it a perfect taste to compliment many dishes.

Ingredients:
              Clarified butter as needed
              2 ounces shallots peeled, diced brunoise
              4 ounces mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
              4 ounces dry white wine, reduced
              2 tablespoons fresh parsley, stemmed, chopped
              1/2 teaspoon dry chervil leaves
              1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon leaves
              1 1/2 pint demi-glace
              4 ounces tomato or concasse
              Salt to taste
              Black pepper to taste

1. Gather all ingredients and equipment

2.  Heat a small amount of butter in saute pan, and saute shallots and mushrooms until softened

3. Add the wine and reduce the mixture by half

4. Add the herbs to the reduction with the demi-glace and tomato sauce. Heat to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer until quality factors of sauce are achieved. Depouille.

picture from recettes.aujourdhui.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment