Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Beef Tournedos Chasseur

This is a great dish that taste delicious. When finished it has a great appearance to it that just makes you want to devour it and go back for seconds.

Ingredients:
              4 pounds beef tenderloin, peeled
              Clarified butter, as needed
              Salt to taste
              Black pepper to taste
              20 large mushroom caps, fluted
              20 croutons, round, seasoned, brushed with butter, toasted
              16 ounces Sauce chasseur

1. Gather all ingredients and equipment

2. Cut the tenderloin into 3 ounce medallions, allowing 2 per portion

3. Saute the medallions in clarified butter until minimum temperature of 145 degrees F. Season with salt and pepper

4. Saute the mushroom caps in clarified butter and season to taste with salt and pepper

5. Per portion: Place two medallions on two croutons and nappe with sauce chasseur

6. Garnish with two mushroom caps and serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment