Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Saute Chicken Breast with Mushroom and Sage

A savory dish that will make you want more. The chicken is sautéed perfectly and the mushroom sage sauce ties the dish together perfectly giving an amazing taste.

Ingredients:
               5 (4 oz) Chicken Breast
               Clarified butter as needed
               4 ounces flour
               2 ounces shallots, peeled, diced brunoise
               4 garlic cloves peeled, finely minced
               8 ounces white wine
               8 ounces mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
               8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
               32 ounces chicken stock
               3 ounces butter, room temperature
               2 tablespoons sage
               Salt to taste
               Pepper to taste

     1. Gather all ingredients and equipment

  1. Separate chicken breasts into halves. Trim away cartilage and fat. Place one breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently to flatten to about 3⁄4 to 1 inch (1.9 to 2.54 centimeters) thickness. Repeat with the remaining breasts.

  2. Heat a thin layer of clarified butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.

  3. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess. Place the chicken, presentation side down, in the hot butter, and cook until the first side turns golden brown. Turn over, and cook the other side. Do not crowd the pan when sautéing. Remove chicken before it is completely cooked.

  4. Remove the chicken and hold uncovered at 136°F (58°C) or higher.

  5. Pour excess oil from the sauté pan, and add the shallots and garlic. Sauté until the
    shallots are softened.

  6. Deglaze with the wine. Allow the wine to reduce by one half.

  7. Add both mushrooms, cover and lower the heat, and allow mushrooms to cook in
    the reduced wine and release their juices. Turn the heat to high to reduce and evaporate the liquids, and then sauté the mushrooms until they turn golden brown.


  8. Add chicken stock, and reduce the liquid by 1⁄3. Add chicken back to the sauce.

  9. Remove the pan from the heat; add the butter and swirl into the sauce to emulsify.

  10. Add the sage. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.

  11. To serve, place a half chicken breast per portion on a preheated dinner plate, and nappé with mushroom sage sauce. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment