Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Southwestern Chicken Soup

This is a bit of a spicy soup that also has a hearty taste to it with black beans and the chicken added to it. It makes for a good alternative to a basic chicken noodle soup, if you want something with more of a kick to it.

Ingredients:
              2 pounds Onion, diced 1/4 inch
              1/2 cup Olive Oil
              2 pounds Bell Pepper, diced 1/4 inch
              2.5 gallons Chicken Stock
              2 tablespoons Salt and Pepper Blend
              1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
              1 #10 Can Diced Tomato
              2 tablespoons Thyme, minced
              1 pound Celery, diced 1/4 inch
              1/3 cup Garlic, minced
              1 #10 Can Black Beans, drained
              5 tablespoons Cumin
              8 pounds Chicken Tenders, diced 1/4 inch
              2 tablespoons Chili Powder

1. Place raw chicken into 2 inch perforated full hotel pan

2. Place pan into steamer for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked

3. Place large stock pot over medium heat and add oil

4. Add onions, celery, pepper and garlic. Sweat for 7-8 minutes or until tender

5. Add chicken stock, black beans, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper blend, and crushed red pepper

6. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer

7. Add thyme and simmer for 20 minutes

8. Remove from heat and hold hot for service

No comments:

Post a Comment