Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Rice Pilaf

This is a simple rice pilaf dish which is good by itself, or feel free to add any additional ingredients to give it your twist on flavor that you enjoy. Either way it taste good and is a good addition to any meal.

Ingredients:
            1 ounce Clarified Butter
            8 ounces Onions, peeled, diced brunoise
            1 pound Rice, long grain, converted
            1 quart White Chicken Stock, heated to a boil
            Salt to taste
            Pepper to taste

1. Gather all ingredients and equipment

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

3. Place the butter in a braising pan and heat to medium

4. Add the onions and sweat until translucent

5. Add the rice, stir to coat all of the grains with butter

6. Add the chicken stock and seasonings, and heat the liquid to a boil. Stir once. Taste liquid for seasonings

7. Remove off the heat, cover the pot with a tight lid or foil, and place in the oven. Steam for about 20 minutes, or until all of the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender

8. When done, mix with a fork and serve immediately
       
Picture from tasteofhome.com

No comments:

Post a Comment