Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Basic Risotto

This dish is a simple risotto that is both flavorful and simple to follow. It is a good side dish for meats and protein, or as a little appetizer by itself. You choose the stock you want to give it the flavor that you want for your meal, allowing you to alter for different meats.

Ingredients:
              2 quarts Flavorful Stock, hot
              1 to 2 ounces Butter or Olive Oil
              1/2 cup Onions, cut macedoine
              2 cups Arborio Rice
              4 ounces Dry White Wine
              Salt to taste
              Black Pepper to taste
              2 to 4 ounces Parmesan Cheese
              2 ounces Whole Butter, cut into small cubes

1. Gather all ingredients and equipment

2. Heat the stock to a boil. Shut off flame and hold on stove top

3. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat butter over medium-low heat and sweat onions

4. Add rice all at once and stir to coat thoroughly with fat. Cook gently until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes

5. Add wine. Cook, stirring until most of the liquid has been absorbed

6. Ladle in enough hot stock to cover rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. 

7. Continue adding stock in the same manner until creamy and the rice is slightly al dente, about 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning, if necessary

8. Instantly after, remove from the heat, stir in the cheese and whole butter. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment