Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Enchilada Sauce

If you want a spicy sauce that tastes great, this sauce is the one you need. The chili powder and cumin give a spicy kick, while the tomatoes and tomato paste mellow it out just enough to make it desirable.

Ingredients:
              2 tbsp Spice Chili Powder
              1 tbsp Spice Cumin Ground
              1 tbsp Salt
              1 lb Onion: rough chopped
              1 #10 Can Tomato Whole Peeled Plum: crushed by hand
              1 can Tomato Paste

1. In a large sauce pot over high heat, add oil

2. Saute onions for 4 minutes

3. Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for 30 seconds

4. Add tomatoes and tomato paste

5. Stir to incorporate and bring to a simmer

6. Remove from heat and burr mix sauce in pot until smooth

7. Return pan back to heat, and bring to a simmer

8. Simmer for 20 minutes and remove from heat

Note: Recipe Yields 1 Gallon

No comments:

Post a Comment