Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves

Add the amounts and mix them together. This dish is a great appetizer dish for both vegetarians and meat lovers, despite there being no meat. It has a great taste that you will not be able to resist.

Ingredients:
             Grape Leaves
             1 cup Rice
             Olive Oil
             Onions, finely diced
             Garlic, minced
             Fresh Mint
             Fresh Dill
             Fresh Parsley
             Golden Raisins
             Cinnamon
             Cumin
             Allspice
             Lemon Juice
             Lemon Zest
             Vegetable Stock
             Salt 
             Black Pepper
             *Preheat Oven to 350

1. Place rice in a small pot, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes; then drain

2. Meanwhile, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or until soft

3. Combine rice, onion mixture, mint, dill, parsley, raisins, spices, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in bowl

4. Place grape leaf on a cutting board, vein side up and cut off excess stem

5. Add a spoonful of rice filling to center of grape leaf

6. Fold the sides of the leaf over filling, then roll from stem end to tip

7. Set seam side down in hotel pan, and repeat steps with remaining leaves and filling placing leaves close together, making two layers if necessary

8. Cut 3 garlic cloves into large pieces and poke between grape leaves here and there

9. Pour vegetable stock over grape leaves to just cover, add two splashes of olive oil and 1 tsp lemon juice

10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed

11. Drizzle with more lemon juice and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment