Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Grilled Pineapple-Tomatillo Salsa

This salsa is good served on top of fish, especially halibut, or can be used as a chip salsa depending on what your in the mood for. It has a sweet taste that makes you crave more.

Ingredients:
              1 Fresh Pineapple
              4 Tomatillos
              Olive Oil as needed
              2-3 tbsp Red Onion, finely diced
              1-2 tbsp JalapeƱo, thinly sliced
              2-3 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, washed, finely chopped
              2-3 tsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
              Salt to taste
              Pepper to taste

1. Peel the skin off the pineapple, cut into quarters through the core. Cut out the core from each piece

2. Cut each quartered piece into two lengthwise pieces, brush with oil and lightly grill each side

3. Remove the husk from the tomatillos and briefly wash in warm water

4. Brush tomatillos in oil, salt and pepper and roast until brown and blistered

5. Fine dice the pineapple and tomatillos, toss with the onion, jalapeƱos, cilantro and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed

No comments:

Post a Comment