Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Court Bouillon

If you wanna poach a protein, this court bouillon is delicious to use. Again there are no amounts because you make it the way you like, but it has a great flavor that gives the protein your poaching a delicious taste.

Ingredients:
              Olive Oil
              Shallots, peeled and rough chopped
              Vegetable Stock
              Apple Cider
              Marsala Wine
              Cinnamon Sticks
              Nutmeg
              Juniper Berries
              Maple Syrup
              Fresh Thyme
              Bay Leaves
              Peppercorns
              Salt

1. Sweat the shallots in olive oil over medium heat with a lid until they begin to break down and release their juices (aprx 5 min)

2. Add the marsala wine and deglaze pan

3. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil

4. Turn the heat down to a simmer and continue to cook until the ingredients have released their flavor

5. Taste and adjust flavor

6. Strain the court bouillon through a fine chinois, saving the liquid and discarding the solids

7. Add the liquid back to the pot, bring to a boil, reduce the heat so it is in the proper poaching temperature (160-185) (sometimes keep around 149)

8. Add your protein to the court bouillon and cook to the desired internal temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment