Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Zucchini Parmesan

Tired of chicken parmesan, and want something different? Zucchini parm has a similar taste to chicken parm with the sauce, but instead it is made with deep fried zucchini.

Ingredients:
             1.5 qt Marinara Sauce
             13 oz Bread Crumbs
             12 oz Egg whole liquid 
             1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
             6 oz Flour
             2 tsp Salt
             2 tbsp Italian Seasoning 
             1 tsp Black Pepper
             1 tsp Garlic Granulated
             3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
             1.5 lbs Squash Zucchini, cut 1/4 thick length wise
             1 tbsp Parsley

1. Add salt, pepper, and granulated garlic to flour. Add italian seasoning to bread crumbs 

2. Dredge zucchini in flour, egg wash and seasoned bread crumbs and place on a sheet pan 

3. Deep fry zucchini in 350 deg oil. Deep fry 1.5 minutes on each side or until golden brown

4. Once finished cooking place on clean sheet pan lined with paper towel to soak up excess oil 

5. In a 2 inch half hotel pan, place 4 oz of marinara sauce on the bottom

6. Add zucchini, making sure to cover the bottom of the pan. These slices can slightly overlap

7. Top zucchini with 3 ounces of sauce and spread evenly

8. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese spreading evenly

9. Repeat steps 6-8 three more times

10. Top the final layer with 12 ounces of sauce. Wrap with plastic wrap and foil

11. Place into a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until temperature reaches 165 degrees

12. Place 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1 cup mozzarella on top 

13. Place back into oven uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted 

14. Remove from oven and garnish with parsley 

No comments:

Post a Comment