Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mexican Soft Flour Shells and Filling

A simple yet delicious taco for all to enjoy. It is a pretty basic Mexican flavor profile, but you will not regret tasting it, for once you eat one you will want more.

Ingredients:
              1 1/2 cups flour
              1/2 tsp baking powder
              3 tbs olive oil
              1/3 cup + 2 tbs boiling water
              l lb hamburger
              3 tbs chopped onion
              1/2 tsp garlic
              1/4 tsp cumin
              2 tbs salsa

Mix together in a bowl

              1 1/2 cups flour
              1/2 tsp baking powder
              3 tbs olive oil

Tear off a piece of dough a little larger than a golf ball

Roll dough out into 6 inch circles

Heat up lightly greased frying pan with 1 tsp oil

Place dough circle onto pan and cook shell 10 seconds on each side or until golden brown

Remove and set aside

Add to frying pan and cook until brown

              l lb hamburger
              3 tbs chopped onion
              1/2 tsp garlic
              1/4 tsp cumin


Add salsa to hamburger only when hamburg is brown then continue to cook on low heat

Add meat to taco shell and top with favorite taco toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment