Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Chocolate Pots de Creme

This is a very rich tasting chocolate that thickens when cooled. If you are a chocolate lover this can be eaten as a pudding or incorporated into other dishes for flavor.

Ingredients:
              1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
              2 cups heavy cream
              3/4 cup + 2 tbs half & half
              1/8 tsp salt
              6 tbs sugar
              9 large egg yolks
              1/2 tsp vanilla

Place chocolate chips in medium bowl

Put into medium saucepan on medium high heat until approaches simmer (do not let boil)
               2 cups heavy cream
               3/4 cup + 2 tbs half & half
               1/8 tsp salt
               3 tbs sugar

Remove from heat after slight simmer and let it cool slightly

Whisk together in a bowl until well combined
               9 large egg yolks
               3 tbs sugar

Slowly pour into egg mixture 1 cup of warm cream mixture and whisk until combined


Pour the egg and cream mixture back into remaining cream in saucepan and whisk until smooth

Turn heat on to medium-high and cook until mixture has consistency of pureed soup

Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips and let it stand without stirring for 3-5 minutes to warm the chocolate

Stir gently with a whisk until smooth

Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and continue stirring

Divide chocolate mixture into eight 4-ounce cups and refrigerate uncovered for 2 hours

Cover the chilled cups and refrigerate for additional 4 hours

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment