Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Tombstone Cookies

This cookie was paired with the chocolate pots de creme for a halloween treat that pleases all. The cookie compliments the chocolate perfectly by matching the chocolate flavor with the coco powder

Bake at 400 8-10 minutes

Ingredients:
              2 tbs coco powder
              6 tbs butter
              1/2 cup sugar
              1 egg
              1/2 tsp vanilla
              1 1/3 cup flour
              1/2 tsp baking powder
              1/4 tsp salt

Beat in an electric mixer
              6 tbs butter
              1/2 cup sugar
              1 egg
              1/2 tsp vanilla

In a mixing bowl whisk together
              1 1/3 cup flour
              1/2 tsp baking powder
              1/4 tsp salt
              2 tbs coco powder

Gradually add flour mixture to electric mixing bowl blending thoroughly to form a soft dough

Divide dough into thirds and cover each portion tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (at least 1 hour or up to 3 days)

Roll each portion of dough out into 1/8 inch thickness on floured counter

With a sharp knife cut out tombstone shape

Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes

Using a pastry bag with a fine tip write RIP on the tombstones

Place into chocolate pots de cream cups and have a halloween treat-or just eat and joy

No comments:

Post a Comment