Background

Hello everyone! My name is Harry, the creator of this blog. I started this blog in high school my senior year during one of my culinary classes. All the recipes dating before September 2013 are from my high school culinary classes. All of those recipes I changed around both the ingredients, adding and removing some, and amounts, increasing or decreasing, to make them my own recipe. Most of the pictures are of the dishes I made, some I forgot to take a picture of and are pictures from online that resemble the dish. Recipes that date from September 2013 onward are from my time at Johnson and Wales University, were I am studying culinary arts. Currently I am a freshman there, and the recipes are ones I made throughout my classes. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Profiteroles

This very simple dish is a classic that everyone enjoys. You can serve them with syrup, or whipped cream, anything you want, even plain. No matter how you choose to eat them they are still a great treat.

Ingredients:
              1/2 cup water
              1/4 cup butter
              1/2 cup flour
              2 eggs

Bring to a boil in a small deep saucepan
              1/2 cup water
              1/4 cup butter

Turn heat to low or simmer

Add 1/2 cup flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball

Remove from heat and add into flour
              2 eggs that have been beaten until frothy and foamy

Beat until smooth

Drop 3-4 tablespoons of dough onto un-greased cookie sheet

Bake 430 for 15 minutes or until golden brown
 
Turn off oven and let sit for additional 5-7 minuts

Remove from oven

Optional: Dust tops with powdered sugar or drizzle with chocolate syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment